Saturday, April 3, 2010

FAMINE 3:Cruise Control

What can i say about Stephen Cruise?Not enough to do him the justice he deserves. so i wont delay on this intro.
BUST!

You play bass in Famine,ex Forging Friendships.How is that going for you?
It's going pretty good. Touring with this band is always the funniest thing ever and getting the opportunity to tour and put out records is amazing.



Are there any bands that influenced your bass sound?

Yeah Blacklisted for sure. I love the bass sound on the beat goes on.

I can dig that.That record is incredible.What is your current set up?

At the moment i have a Fender Jazz bass with an Ampeg svt 450h head. Im using some ashdown cab that Iano has too. Soon i will have enough cash to get me an Orange Ad200B though which will be too delish. I'm gonna try get an Ampeg 8x10 cab too.

Thats baller.
What can you tell me about this photo?



Thats the running order for the second and last show on our first mini tour with First Death.I think the venue was the Minerva. I had such a good time doing them shows. I wish we could do a reunion tour with Another Day In Hell too.

What band would you like most to do a split with and why?

Probably Bitter End because I can't stop listening to them and everything they have put out is amazing.

What has been the best thing about being in Famine?

Getting to play shows in so many places and people actually wanting to see us is pretty crazy. I also love being a creep with Robbie on tour.

Favourite show you played?

I can't choose between the album launch in Andrews Lane or the show in Lees kitchen. Both shows were amazing and it was awesome to see so many people out for them.

You tour quite a bit.Whats your highlight of the bands touring life?and whats your favourite thing to do on tour?

I think the best thing that happened on tour was getting to see Terror and Trapped under ice in Germany. That was the best and funniest show i have ever been at. I had such a good time watching dudes spin kick each other in the head to Always the hard way. Playing a few shows with Bitter End and True Colors last year was really cool too.
My favourite thing to do on tour is playing shows and going mental.

I know you have a bit of a boner for Modern Warfare.How bad do you wanna do camo coloured vinyl?I'd buy that shit in an instant.

I would fucking love to have digital camo vinyl. I didn't think it was possible though.


Whats the deal with Robbies ankles?

I have no idea.

Do you still think there is a unity ideal in hardcore today

I think that totally depends on the place. Some places we play on tour you really notice and and other places seem to be totally different. In Dublin i think there is. Everyone is pretty supportive of every band and there is always people willing to help out people who are putting on shows.

I hear you're good friends with member(s) of Drug Test.Why the fuck are you answering this and not bugging them to do a reunion?I dont even care if none of them are straight anymore.

Haha i only know the singer Ricky from Xbox. I'm always asking him to get Drug Test back together. I don't think it's gonna happen though so I'm gonna have to cover Down The Stairs in a band.

I remember the first time i saw you play bass was at that xfactorx show doing Minor Threat covers.How was that and did it come about?
Well we knew that covers night thing was coming up and Conor and I really liked Minor threat so after a while of me chickening out we decided to do it. Grabbed some hardcore dudes and started practicing.

Did i ever tell you youre my favourite bassist in dublin hardcore right now?Eddie can get fucked.

No you never told me that. Thanks a lot man. Fuck off Eddie.

Minor Threat aside what band from the 80's would you do a cover set of?



Who you wanna shout out?

Thanks to everyone who comes to our shows and supports this band and thanks to Hurry Up Records for helping us put out our shit.

Famine have fresh new shirts up on their webstore.This is the design.

BUY IT!

Soundtrack for this entry:
She & Him-volume one
She & Him-volume two
I love you Zooey xoxo

This is the last post up in here for a week or two.Im hitting up San Francisco and need to spend an obscene amount of money on records on multiple colours.Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment