Monday, July 11, 2011

Much Blink 182 love

I was looking for something to watch last night and for some reason I settled on watching the Urethra Chronicles. It had been a while.

Watching that while falling asleep must have given me some awesome dreams.the first thing I did when I woke up(being late for work) first thing I put on was Dude Ranch. Shit was so good. I hadn't listened it since I did that shit for xFactorx.
It also led on to listening to Enema ofthe State. That reminded me of jumping around my room listening to 'the party song' over and over again trying to nail all the lyrics. If I missed a line I would go back to the start of the song. That was what.....ten years ago?no more maybe. I might have been 16.For the sake of saving face let's say i was 15/16(phew)

My love for this band never waned. Cool kids saying these are lame can get fucked. This was the soundtrack to my youth and all the songs off 'Enema...' have some memory attached to them.'dysentery Gary' brings me back to hanging in a girls house who I really wanted to hook up with but didn't have the requisite game to make the move. I did in the end but it totally sucked. It was like I was kissing her teeth for the most part. I ended up drawing and painting a Blink shirt for nephew. It was rad. What wasn't rad was thinking I saw her in town a year or two ago. I can't imagine what the fuck she would look like now but I had this wierd photo-fit composite in my head and was pretty wierded out by what I saw. Trish,if you're reading this FUCK YOU! getting Niamh to tell me you didn't want to kiss me anymore was a fag move. Michelle,I should have hooked up with you. Ah young love.

'Dumpweed' reminds me of being admonished by CiarĂ¡n Fury at the three practices before that cover show. But that was only like three months ago so fuck that.

Blink,thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment