Friday, June 4, 2010

I fucking love fliers.
I mean i really,really,REALLY like fliers.I have a small collection of copied Atari fliers that my very good friend across the pond Jay sent me.Heres one of them

Look at that fucking line up!Its incredible.PA has my heart.Also i love how how this flier has Brett's home phone number on it.
I'd love to get some original ones but the chances of that?Slim.

Either way i like fliers.I like the general look of the cut a paste fliers.It just looks better than what can be done on photoshop or some shit.I dont know,maybe its just the fact that i prefer older bands of a specific time.I just appreciate the effort that goes into these and hand drawn fliers.It really adds to the feeling of the show.Case in point, the Pettibone fliers



Can you actually imagine what it felt like to be given one of them at some other show previously or picking it up in a record store?Especially now original fliers go for a hell of a lot in the ebays.But monetary value aside just look at them.

Then you got some awesome work by Pushead.


He did some incredible album art for DS-13 and In My Eyes as well as the stuff he did for Metallica for which i think he's most widely known.
Like seriously when did you last see a flier that looked that good and was hand drawn for a show?Having said that i know two people holding it down in Dublin
Marty



and Ms.Claire


If anyone has a copy of that YW release show poster they would be willing to part with i'd be into taking it off your hands.very into taking it off tour hands.

The last two i picked out here are gems.I like the YOT one for its simplicity and the fact that it would have been an incredible show.I would give every worldly posession i have and kil both Eddie and the afformentioned Marty to be there in Fenders Ballroom.I also like the last one cause i have a soft spot for anything with city bold on it.Best font.

is this or is this not the best line up for a show?


I could have picked better fliers or i could have scanned in fliers from the Radio Silence book but i didn't.Call it laziness on my part but maybe i'll revisit this topic in the future.Or tomorrow.Yeah maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment